One of the things I was most excited about is the Justand Document camera stand.
Using the Justand iPad Stand I can use the full sized iPad as a document camera!!!
It allows me the freedom to do anything I would've done with my document camera, wirelessly, and from anywhere in the room (using an appletv, I can sync my ipad to the 55' flatscreen in my classroom).
○ Display a novel or textbook so students can read along
○ Demonstrate experiments so that all can see
○ Film myself reading a book (and add sound effects in iMovie)
○ Demonstrate painting and drawing technique
○ Model weaving, or clay demonstrations
○ Complete graphic organizers as a group
○ Go over assignments and tests
○ Show 3D objects ○ Show the construction of graphs
○ Model use of tools: color mixing,
○ Demonstrate the use of editing marks
○ Film Common Craft style videos
The Justand website has many more ideas here: iPadDocumentCamera
I am currently using the Stage App as my camera. This app was free and it does SO much:
Sketch, take notes, and add labels over live video
• Record video and audio (feature available as an in-app purchase)
• Dynamically present student work wirelessly using Airplay, or via a wired projector connection
• Store and share labels for later use—great for quizzes or whole-class review
• Annotate, mark-up and save existing photos, images and documents
• Easily switch backgrounds from video to picture to whiteboard/blackboard canvas
• Select from multiple pen colors and widths
• Simple and accessible interface, especially for novice iPad users
What apps do you use in the classroom? Do you have a document camera?